Friday 2 January 2015

Premier League Predictions Review pt 3

Premier League Predictions

At the start of the season I made some predictions regarding the season, as we approach the business time of the season, over a third of the way in, it seems a good time to check in on my predictions.

Manchester United
Man United's first season under Louis Van Gaal was never going to be plain sailing, and they endured a tough start to the season, with a depleted defence, losing to MK Dons and Leicester.

However overall United have done well, and with a potent attacking force in Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao, Mata and Di Maria, champions league football should be returning to Old Trafford next season.

They will finish top 4.

Newcastle United
A tough start put Alan Pardew's job in jeopardy, but a run of 6 wins, saw them rocket up the table.

I predicted 8th, but I think they will finish lower, as their signings, e.g. Cabella and Riviere haven't performed to the standard I expected, and they will lose players in January and not strengthen.

QPR
Defence has been a big issue for QPR, they have conceded the most in the league, this is compounded by a lack of fire power up front, with Charlie Austin scoring over half of their goals. They need to keep Austin and find another goalscoring threat.

I predicted 13th, but 17th is more likely.

Southampton 
I predicted they would have a good start, with their new signings and Koeman as manager, as well as the easier fixture list. Games are getting tougher now, but the Saints keep marching on.

I predicted 12th, but I think they will be in the top 6.

Stoke City
They have been up and down all season, and have struggled to record back-to-back wins.

However, they are always a threat and have taken points off of all the top clubs bar Chelsea.

Crouch and Krkic (Bojan) have formed a good partnership, and Diouf has used his pace on the counter attack to good effect.

I predicted 10th, I believe they are a top half club, so 9th or 10th sounds about right.


No comments:

Post a Comment